Cross-country skiing in the spotlight!It's time to discover or rediscover the mountain and especially skiing differently, here in a nordic version. Cross-country skiing is not fun? False. Totally false.
Do you like the mountains? Do you like weekends or ski holidays but you can't go downhill skiing? You will love to test cross-country skiing!
What if this year is finally an opportunity for you? An opportunity to discover the mountain differently, an opportunity to test other slides but also maybe even to rediscover yourself?
The top 5 reasons to start cross-country skiing in Chamrousse!
1) Amazing landscapesA practice of sliding in a beautiful and preserved place at the Arselle plateau (Chamrousse 1600). A natural site reminiscent of small Canada welcomes you in the heart of the fir trees with the backdrop of the Taillefer massif, there reigns a special atmosphere!
✔ Fun: passage in the middle of the cembraie fir trees of Chamrousse and if you are lucky the encounter with the sled dogs
❤ Benefits: a peaceful and resourcing environment to test safely
In cross-country skiing, there is something for all tastes, classic in alternative steps where we glide smoothly or at full speed in the parallel tracks made especially for you by our groomers. Or even a skating version, in step skater or his little name "in duck" uphill, in leisure or competition mode as on the rollers of your childhood.
2) Diversity of sport practice
✔ Fun side: bordercross of the Nordic skiing domain of Chamrousse with turns and even occasionally a tunnel made of snow
❤ Benefits: rapid progression and a sliding feeling close to roller skating or ice skating in a skating version
3) All beginners (or almost) with family or friendsA new adventure to discover with your small tribe with crazy laughs guaranteed: slides, small falls, races... a bit like at the ice rink. But there on the snow, a huge and varied playground to discover all together. Here no one is left behind, everyone can participate the seasoned alpine skier, the Sunday sportsman, the casual luger...
✔ Fun: rediscovering your child’s soul and your first gliding sensations in Chamrousse, a top ski learning destination
❤ Benefits: a moment of sharing, good for your body and mind
No more dragging skis to avoid killing someone or the shoes to put on with a shoehorn and then to tighten thoroughly. The cross-country skis are thinner and lighter, the shoes more comfortable and less complicated to put on.
4) Comfortable and light equipment
✔ Fun side: the descent on the slopes of Chamrousse, because without edges like in alpine skiing, the slightest gap and it is your buttocks that will say hello to the snow!
❤ Benefits: a feeling of freedom and a new sporting challenge
5) Attractive pricesLast but not least, the budget. Because even if you have to rent your equipment, the price of the cross-country skipass is very affordable compared to the Alpine one. Your wallet and your friends will thank you. Choose the formula that suits you, an afternoon discovery, a sports day, a week of holidays or the entire winter season.
✔ Fun side: quickly new sliding sensations and an attractive price for maximum pleasure
❤ Benefits: a sense of accomplishment and surpassing oneself for a reasonable budget
Good to know: access to the Nordic Park of Chamrousse is included in the Alpine package 5 days or more.
See you soon at the Nordic Park in Chamrousse for the cross-country ski adventure: