Beware of the mountain area: you are on your own responsibility - instructions defined in a municipal decree (ask the Tourist Office for information: +33 4 76 89 92 65)
The practice of ski touring is becoming more popular and Chamrousse offers an access for off-piste ski touring from Casserousse (n°1) and a marked daytime itinerary for the Croix de Chamrousse (n°2).
A night-time itinerary from Recoin (n°3), proposed until 2022, is now closed for safety reasons (it was awarded "best ski touring itinerary" at the 2019 Ski Touring Trophies).
Specifically for them, Chamrousse has set up a secure and marked out area which allows them to reach the "off-piste" departures which lead to the Pourettes lake and the Robert lakes.
1) Day access to the off-piste departure:
• Level: confirmed
• Distance: 1.1 km - Difference in altitude: 400 metres
• Access: Casserousse car park (Chamrousse 1400)
• Ascent by the access and descent on the slopes
Opening hours*: every day from 8.30am to 6pm (attention: winch grooming with cable from 6pm to 8.30am)
New Casserousse chairlift inaugurated in 2017.
2) Ski touring itinerary to La Croix:
• Level: accessible to all
• Distance: about 4 km - Difference in altitude: 660 metres
• Access: Arselle to Chamrousse 1600
• Ascent by the itinerary and descent on the slopes ONLY during the day and at night by the dedicated itinerary
Opening hours*: every day 24 hours a day
⚠ Do not go down the alpine ski slopes at night - danger of grooming with winch and cable from 6pm to 8.30am (except on the dedicated night itinerary n°3**)
3) CLOSEDNight itinerary up to La Croix:
• Level: intermediate
• Distance: about 3 km - Difference in altitude: 600 metres
• Access: snow front in Chamrousse 1650
• Ascent and descent on the itinerary
Opening hours*: CLOSEDevery day from 6pm to 10pm (**EXCEPT during the "night skiing evenings" on Saturdays in winter and Thursdays during the holidays - danger for downhill skiers on the ski touring itinerary)
*Subject to snow conditions
Special "ski touring" pass
Valid for 2 one-way trips (Casserousse chairlift, la Croix gondola or Robert lakes chairlift) for the Les Vans circuit.
Prices winter 2022-2023: adult and senior 11€ / children, young people and student 8€ / senior plus 2.80€. Valid only when the lifts are ope