Chamrousse resortChamrousse ski resort is located at the end of Belledonne mountain range, only 30km away from Grenoble.
It extends on tree levels: Chamrousse 1650 (Recoin), Chamrousse 1700 (Bachat Bouloud) and Chamrousse 1750 (Roche Béranger) that are linked by the ski slopes and the forest tracks.
The Croix de Chamrousse is the highest point (2250m).
Discover Chamrousse resort map with all resort places:
Today, a 90-km alpine ski area and a 40-km Nordic ski area await the ski lovers.
Explore Chamrousse resort via resort places and altitudes:
And the Arselle plateau, magic place in winter like summer:
Other points of interest:
Station labeled Green Flake (Flocon Vert) and Family Plus with a Tourist Office classified Tourism Quality in Category 1 and winner of the Ski Touring Trophy in 2019:
♥️ "historic" resort from the first skis in France (1878) to the alpine skiing events of the 1968 Olympic Games,
♥️ "nature" resort with a natural heritage to be preserved,
♥️ "artistic" and "sporting" resort with a rich cultural heritage and a breeding ground for champions.
Ski areas with efficient ski lifts and an affordable pricing policy:
- alpine skiing with 43 slopes over 90 km to satisfy all the levels, a snow park, a ski area dedicated to children "la Montagne de Téo" with games and picnic areas and also the possibility of skiing at sunset (twice a week during the school holidays),
- cross-country skiing with 41 km of cross-country trails on 13 tracks,
- ski touring with dedicated routes including one at night.
Multitude of activities to practice:
- Sports activities and leisure:
- ❄️ in winter: snowshoes, sledging and snowshoeing (including a Luge Park with a 2.1 km track and 315m drop), snowtubing, yooner, snowmobile, snow driving, snow mountain biking / fatbike, ice rink, mountaineering, well-being, discovery of local products ...
- ☀️ in summer: hiking, mountain biking (DH and X-Country), VTTAE including a Bike Park, trail and orienteering course, via ferrata, climbing, tree climbing, Chamrousse Kids inflatable games park, archery, tennis, course nature, quad biking, horseback riding, fishing, health and well-being, discovery of crafts ...
- ⛰️ in any season: walks, treasure hunts, biking and cycling, scenic flight, orientation or educational course, geocaching, sliding in the skatepark, pump track and bowl ...
- Unusual activities:
- ❄️ winter: dinner & night in an igloo, baptism in sled dogs, ice diving and ice climbing.
- ☀️ summer: night in portaledge (wall tent), crazy jump and frisbee golf.
- ❄️/☀️ winter and summer: a giant outdoor escape game at Croix de Chamrousse with a dedicated application (delivery: winter 2021-22).
- ⛰️ all year round: a city game in the heart of the resort between Roche and Recoin.
- Activities dedicated to families and young children: free entertainment with sledge lessons, mascots, shows, school bags in the snow, recreation center, loan of baby cots and strollers, incentive / motivation program for hiking (star of bronze, silver and gold and also Green Flake (Flocon Vert) star for those who brought back waste and themed path between Chamrousse 1650 and 1750) ...
- Cultural and heritage activities: cinema, library / game library with events and exhibitions... House of the environment to discover, which is the "gateway" to the GR 738 and which hosts beautiful exhibitions and educational workshops.
Everything you need to meet your need for nature and large natural spaces, to lower your stress level, to practice "sport-health" and "sport well-being" activities in connection with nature, “staycation, worliday and bleisure”.
What are Chamrousse's best assets?
- ✨ Exceptional viewpoints and panoramas over the valley and the surrounding massifs with magnificent sunsets.
- ✨ Exceptional vegetation and fauna including the Arselle peat bog classified as Sensitive Natural Area (ENS).
- ✨ Altitude (1600 to 2500m) which allows good snow cover in winter and to find freshness in summer.
- ✨ Easy to reach destination: 30 to 40 minutes from Grenoble city with two access roads, 1h30 from Lyon city, three nearby airports, a TGV station, bus lines and services offered on site (shuttles between the different poles of the station and 20 WIFI spots).
Highlights of Chamrousse to discover in photos:
To enjoy the pleasures of the mountain, do not hesitate to book your accommodation online: