Working from the mountains is possible with coworking
What if you went to work in Chamrousse for a few days?It's possible thanks to the coworking space or shared work space, in town, but also in the mountains!
Coming to the mountains means discovering the highest peaks, sliding down the snowy slopes in winter, enjoying the beautiful hikes in summer. It also means being connected to nature... but not only! For a few years now, coworking has been developing and more and more ski resorts now offer coworking spaces, just as Chamrousse does!
After the "homelidays" (holidays at home) and the "staycation" (day or weekend holidays in one's town or nearby), welcome to the "worliday" to work a few hours a day or to "work from home" whilst on holiday place! Work and mountains... do you like how it sounds? Especially now in 2022, there is snow and the ski lifts are open so we can finally go skiing. All the conditions are there to make you want to immerse yourself in a mountain atmosphere.
In short, it is the ideal place for nomadic workers and mountain and ski enthusiasts!
Coworking in the mountains is possible!In Chamrousse, after a successful test phase in winter 2022, it is now open all year round (with reservation). In winter season, weekdays and in summer, Monday to Thursday only.
It's takes place in a room of the magnificent Environment centre. You can find it at the Recoin side of the resort at an altitude of 1650 m. It is an emblematic place, as it is the former historical chalet of the French Alpine Club (1st guarded refuge in France since 1911) today completely renovated and which also hosts exhibitions and occasional animations.
A little plus: the proximity to the ski slopes and the ideal setting for skiing by day and by night (every day between noon and two and to finish the day by night on Thursdays during the holidays). But not only ... to take advantage of activities such as the "Luge Park" (also at night on the same days), the Spa and its swimming pool, the outdoor ice rink, the restaurants, the shops selling local products...
How to reconcile a ski holiday and working at home in complete serenity?The idea of working differently has been around for a few years now. And it's even making its way to the mountains!
Forget right away the idea of working locked up in the only room in your rental, head for a real shared work space by the hour or by the day. Coworking guarantees a secure internet connection, comfortable seating, and natural lighting in a warm and friendly environment, just like the team that welcomes you. Productive days are yours!
If you want to find a space to share and meet professionally during your holidays or simply to be able to work in a place other than your (small) mountain flat with a good wifi connection, then coworking is for you!
Coworking space in Chamrousse :
- Location: Heritage and Environment centre, 680 route des Trolles - 38410 Chamrousse (Chamrousse 1650 - Recoin)
- Dates and opening hours:
- Winter season (mid-December to Early April): open Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays 9am-12.30pm and 1.30pm-5pm
- Summer season (July and August): open Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 9am-12.30pm and 1.30pm-5pm
- Off-season (Mid-May to June and September to November): open Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 9am-12pm and 1pm-5pm
- Closure from Early April to Mid-May
- Equipment and access: 1 room with 5 offices, 8 seats and 1 sofa, on the 1st floor (stairs)
- Rate: 5€ for the first hour, 3€ for the following hours and 2,50€ over ten hours
- Contact: +33 4 76 89 96 05
- On site: toilets, exhibition space and entertainment
- Nearby: downhill ski slopes, Luge Park, restaurants, shops, spa with swimming pool, outdoor ice rink (winter) and tennis court (summer), petrol station...
- Accommodation: possibility of renting flats in the same area of the resort via "Chamrousse Reservation" booking centre
In conclusion, who hasn't dreamt of being able to pick up their skis instead of a dry lunch break sandwich or coffee. And finish off the work day with fresh air or skis on your feet? "Working from home" or coworking in the mountains is a way to meet people, to fight against isolation and of course to get away. Finally, it's like finding yourself and moreover in an exceptional setting.
Come and experience the work and pleasure of coworking in Chamrousse to enjoy the mountains, taste specialities and be able to walk or ski while working!
We also suggest you
- Bus stop 500 m away
- Shuttle stop 300 m away