Sustainable developmentThe resort confirmed its voluntary commitment to environment protection and sustainable development by signing the National Association of Mountain Resorts Mayors in 2007.
This chart includes 140 commitments divided into 8 action plans:
- Promoting sustainable territorial planning
- Developing a sustainable housing policy respecting the architectural heritage
- Preserving landscapes and natural environment
- Promoting balanced management of resources: water, energy, waste management
- Encouraging efficient and environmentally-friendly means of transport
- Developing tourism activities ensuring their integration into the landscape and their environmentally-friendly management
- Raising awareness among users of the resort to encourage eco-citizen behaviours (public transport, clean energy, waste sorting, water saving)
- Implementing a system for the application of the charter and for the control of its respect (local monitoring committee, implementation and follow up of action plans).