Chamrousse, the first resort in Isère to get Flocon Vert label!
Flocon Vert, is a labelthat guarantees the sustainable commitment of mountain resorts. This label is developed by the association Mountain Riders to give mountain lovers a clear vision of model tourist sites. Choosing a Flocon vert destination for our holidays is supporting a responsible tourism!
Chamrousse resort has applied to Flocon Vert label in 2016. It was assessed in December 2016 and the labelling board granted Chamrousse the label in January 2017.
For a year, the tourism, the resort players have worked to comply with Flocon vert specification and its 31 compulsory requirements
(currently only 21 requirements), together with Mountain Riders, bearing the label. This work has been carried out in cooperation with the different players of the resort, but also the inhabitants, employees via a participating process with a Sustainable Development group gathering regularly, open to all of those who want to move forward.
If Chamrousse complies with the compulsory requirements, the resort is aware that the process implies a follow-up and was able to identify the axes of progress. However, this label rewards the efforts made and shared with all people working for a more sustainable world.
All information on Flocon Vert
website (in French).
Download the file presenting the Flocon Vert commitments (in French) "Présentation des engagements Flocon Vert à Chamrousse
More information about environment at Chamrousse town hall website Chamrousse.
Discover the resort’s actions in the various fields of the sustainable development:
Sustainable land management
- Ambitious project to rehabilitate the old building with the 2030 Chamrousse project.
Discover the 2030 Chamrousse project presentation
- Commitment to the implementation of a tourist accomodation quality plan consisting in having classified all the properties in rental by the Tourist Office Booking Centre through the Clévacances system.
- Private renovation by raising the awareness of property owners to renovate via the Affiniski device.
For more information, please contact Chamrousse Booking Centre.
- The municipality has benefited from a council in shared economy within the framework of the Territory Energy Air Climat Plan set up by the Grésivaudan municipalities community and from a financing of the Isère department union of energy sources.
- Diagnostic season after the season to improve the consumption of the most energy-intensive buildings such as the distance control of the Croix de Chamrousse restaurant, the control of the heating in the ski patrolmen’s cabins and the double flow ventilation in the offices of the ski lifts admistration.
- Sensitive Natural Area: the Arselle Plateau and the Achard lake are classified in a Natura 2000 site. For their protection, markings and information signs have been set up to encourage respect for paths, flora and fauna, in particular cembro pines undergoing mutilations (cutting of branches, engraving in bark...). Important budgets devoted to the protection of natural spaces, in particular on the environment reopening works that allow the maintenance and the development of protected species such as the black grouse.
Discover the presentation of the natural areas of Chamrousse (only in French).
- Agricultural areas: the traditional pastoral activity is actively preserved in collaboration with the Alpine Pasture Federation. It has a grazing plan that allows the shepherd to optimize grazing areas and respect the available grassland resource and the preservation of avifauna. The shepherd is present in Chamrousse from mid-June to the end of September with its 1600 sheeps and 35 goats.
- Charging terminal for an electrical vehicle: two terminals on the resort, a SEDI terminal in Chamrousse 1750 which operates either with a SEDI card, Kiwhi or a credit card and a Schneider terminal located next to the gas station in Chamrousse 1650, which works with an RFID card (ski pass for example).
- Encourage the soft mobility: 1 day of electric assistance cycling for the resort’s employees in partnership with Sport 2000 and summer entertainment in partnership with Isère Tourisme for customers.
More information on Chamrousse Town Hall website (only in French).