Chamrousse tourist office
HistoryA tourist office existed since 1952 (creation of the cable car). It was a small chalet opposite the Chamois building.
The Chamrousse Tourist Office was created in 1961 and the first tourist documents date from this period. The collective ministerial decree n°69-685 dated 18 June 1969 classified Chamrousse as a "winter sports and mountaineering resort".
The commune of Chamrousse was created in 1989. Before this date, the different parts of the resort belonged to different (Vaulnaveys-le-Haut and Saint-Martin-d'Uriage cities). The directors of the Office were also the directors of the resort, which explains the mixed syndicate.
From the register of staff arrivals and departures started in 1975, we learn that at that time the president of the Tourist Office was the mayor of "Saint-Martin-d'Uriage" city, Mr. Pierre Osella.
The Tourist Office obtained the status of EPIC ("Etablissement Public à Caractère Industriel et Commercial") in 1997, under the management of Mr. Christian Rochette.